Joyful July
I had so much fun on the Fifa world cup day with my friends. We played football together, then coloured in each of our own countries' flags and made a really cool bunting from it, and then did a music quiz where we guessed where the song was from, knowing they were from the countries that had qualified for the World Cup.
I enjoyed showcasing an Argentinian Tango and was quick off the bat naming a lot of songs like Scotland's 500 miles and Spain’s Mariachi band. I loved that South Korea was involved so we got up to dance to Gangnam Style.
We then watched a heart warming football film called the big green and I was so inspired when they won the championship that I encouraged all my friends to give them 3 cheers with me. Hip hip, hooray!
I missed a week because of Matariki however I had a blast the week after when I learnt about the hospice flower deliveries and enjoyed taking the posies to the Wiapuna hospice for their lunch trays. It feels amazing to be doing kind things for the people in our community with Arohanui. It was a lovely sunny day to stop and read a book by the Wairoa river there too.
I also enjoyed going out to Ila park for a walk with my friends, the weather was great and not too hot, and then we enjoyed playing some uno together.
Friday afternoons are so much fun, I am in a huge music group where we get to enjoy some brilliant small discos. I love when we close all the doors and get some awesome funky lights on the wall. This month we enjoyed a country music hoedown and a 70’s disco! There are some great songs in there and I love the dance moves.
I really enjoy music but I absolutely love sharing it with my friends! I am super excited by my new program and that I am here to share my dance moves with my friends again.

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment